An Update on my Gourds

As most of my readers know about six months ago I started to dry some gourds that I had grown in the fall. This process took about four-five months in totality and I followed the simple directions I listed in my post about Arizona Gourds.

Following the drying process I tried leaving some of my gourds as is, giving them a natural look, while I painted others different colors, in this case I chose the color green because it went with the decor in my home. Finally, I tried lacquering them as well to give them a shiny look.  My personal favorite was the lacquered style but see for yourself!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s